Our CEO is a force of change – she is courageous, resilient, and fearless.
In 2021, Miranda Jordan-Smith was proudly named Chief Executive Officer of Dogs with Wings. Building strong relationships and creating a culture of compassion and philanthropy in the community is Miranda’s passion. She exemplified this philosophy in her previous executive roles at the University of Alberta, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation and Edmonton Humane Society.
With 20+ years of experience leading diverse teams and driving tangible results, Miranda tenaciously continues to transform intersecting social, economic, and political spheres, and enhance the lives of those most vulnerable.
This is at the core of Miranda’s vision. Join our CEO in driving transformative change by signing up for Women for Wings.
- Advanced Executive Certificate, Queen’s University
- Non-Profit Management Certificate, Harvard University
- Master of Business Administration, University of Liverpool
- Public Relations Diploma, MacEwan University
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta
- Indigenous Studies Certificate, University of Alberta
Awards & Achievements
- Leadership & Innovation Award (for co-founding Women for Humane Canada), Humane Canada
- Two features in Distinctive Women magazine
- Top 40 Under 40
- Best Public Relations Campaign (EHS), Humane Canada
- Fort McMurray Disaster Relief (EHS), Humane Canada
Connect on LinkedIn