Our staff will be available via email and will be working from home and welcome your emails. To contact a member of our staff, visit our staff directory (https://dogswithwings.ca/about-us/our-team/). We thank you for your understanding!
Clients & Volunteers
The safety and health of our staff, clients, and volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. We have been monitoring Alberta Health Services and the World Health Organization, and have been in constant contact with our veterinarian consultants. Infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that dogs can become ill with COVID-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people. However, it has been found that dogs and other animals can be fomites for the virus in their fur and equipment. We recommend the following for our client and in-training DWW Dogs.
- Sanitize and clean your collar, tags, leash, easy walk, halti, and vest (if applicable) every day. All equipment and vests can be cleaned in your washing machine and hung to dry.
- No public outings (unless completely necessary for clients) and avoid contact with people in public spaces and on walks.
- Discontinue off leash park visits, as they are not a safe space at this time.
- Do not allow the public to pet your dog or interact with your dog at all, including on neighbourhood walks.
- Neighbourhood walks are permitted, but we recommend not in large groups. Only one family member should take the dog on walks. Our DWW pen will be open for play time, but only one foster and dog are allowed in each pen.
- Do not kiss your dog or share food with your dog, and wash your hands often.
- For our dogs in training, we ask you to keep your dog at home if you are able to do so. If not, please contact your trainer as soon as possible to make other arrangements. Please do not enter our facility without prior permission from a DWW staff member. Puppy classes and training classes are cancelled until further notice. Trainers will be doing daily check ins with our dogs, so watch your inbox!
If you, or a member of your family, becomes ill with Covid 19, we recommend the following:
- Limit contact with other animals and your own DWW dog until more information is known about the virus.
- Have another family member (if applicable) take care of feeding and playing with your DWW dog.
- Do not share food, kiss, or hug them and wash your hands before and after any contact with them.
Events & Fundraising
This is a difficult time for Dogs with Wings, as we have had to cancel all events and fundraisers in the coming months. If you are able to support or donate to us, we would greatly appreciate it. To donate, we encourage you to make a gift through our website (https://dogswithwings.ca/helping-us/donation-programs/). Donations and fundraising questions or inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those worried about our resident cat, Clive, he will be provided for and there is a staff schedule for his needs, and the facility has been disinfected with strict protocols for those entering and leaving the facility. If you miss seeing Clive, check out his Instagram account @dww_clive to get your “Clive fix.”
We thank everyone for their support and concern during this time. We will miss seeing our DWW family face to face, but it is very important to us to keep our community safe and healthy. Watch for us on social media, stay in touch through email, and keep sending photos! We’ll see you in May!
Doreen Slessor, CFRE